I am a woman, therefore like 99.9% of women in the western world I have attempted weight loss or management at some point in my life, actually a lot of them. I have 2 sisters and a mother and between us we have probably tried every ridiculous and not so ridiculous weight loss scheme, idea or plan in existence. Herewith I present 12 facts I know to be true about weight loss
1. The thing I hate most about those who say you should exercise regularly, is that they are right.
2. As a general rule, any white non-protein food should be limited, yeah I know parsnip and turnip are white, but I won’t be pigging out on them any time soon.
3. Diet is a four-letter word.
4. Diet companies flourish because we are all busy, and have forgotten how to be sensible in the face of convenience. Studies show those who eat meals cooked from scratch are less likely to be overweight than those who eat out more often
5. Find something that is do-able every day, weight is a symptom of the lifestyle you have led up to this moment.
6. Small permanent changes have lasting impact. Good and bad.
7. Eating for Australia is not good … portion size is important
8. Exercise happens more often with planned activity than trying to find a moment in a busy schedule
9. Menu planning reduces overeating.
10. A croissant has as many calories as a loaf of white bread
11. Yoyo dieting or weight fluctuation is worse for you than being mildly overweight and consistent
12. Doing it for yourself and not an event is more likely to lead to success and lasting change. You know you deserve it. Be the best you can be. Here endeth the lesson, now go suck up some of your own advice!